COVID-19 Resources

Emergency Assistance

The HSCC’s Emergency Assistance Program is currently closed. If you are a resident of the Mon Valley or Eastern Suburbs of Allegheny County, meet the following income guidelines, and would like to be notified when the program reopens, call 412-436-9537.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
$25,520 $34,480 $43,440 $52,400 $61,360 $70,320 $79,280 $88,240



The Family’s First Coronavirus Response Act authorized a new benefit called Pandemic EBT to help families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. The benefit will come on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, which is like a debit card. The benefits can only be spent on food items at any store that accepts SNAP (“food stamps”). P-EBT is a one-time payment that aims to help parents afford food for children who could be receiving free or reduced-price school meals if their school were open. For more information or to check your eligibility, look here:

Unemployment Information

If you need to file for Unemployment Compensation, go here:

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: Self-employed workers, gig workers, 1099-independent workers are now eligible to apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. In general, PUA provides up to 39 weeks of unemployment benefits to individuals not eligible for regular unemployment compensation or extended benefits, including those who have exhausted all rights to such benefits.

Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation: allows individuals who exhausted their UC benefits after July 1, 2019 be eligible for an additional 13 weeks of UC. Check out the FAQ page here:

For up-to-date employment opportunities, go here.